Near You 20+ Roof Repair Companies near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Roof Repair Companies near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to repair a roof?
Minor roof repairs cost $200 to $800 for replacing asphalt shingles, caulking or sealing, or repairing flashing. Extensive roof repairs cost $1,000 to $3,000 to replace a 10'x10' area, fix roof leaks with structural repair and water damage, or repair a sagging roof.
- Metal roof repairs cost $200 to $600 for patching small holes and resealing.
- Clay or concrete tile roof repair costs $200 to $400 for fixing a few broken or loose roof tiles.
- Minor chimney repair costs $200 to $700 to fix flashing, seal leaks, or replace a chimney cap.
Should I repair or replace my roof?
Minor roof damages such as missing shingles, corroded flashing, or small leaks should be repaired. Roofs older than 20 years, repairs costing more than $3,000, or damage affecting more than 25% of the roof requires a full replacement.
How long does it take to repair a roof?
Most roof repairs take 30 minutes to a full day to fix. In comparison, replacing a roof takes 1 to 3 days on average.
What are signs your roof needs repair?
Signs you need roof repair:
- Chimney, vent, skylight, or roof leaks
- Ceiling & wall stains
- Peeling or blistering paint
- Cracked, curled, blown off, or missing shingles
- Seeing daylight through the roof
- Dark, dirty, or wet shingles
- Shingle granules missing or in gutters
- Sagging roof deck
- Increased energy bills
- Algae or moss build-up
- Cracked, loose, or rusted chimney flashing/vents
Can a handyman repair a roof?
Handyman services can fix minor roof repairs such as replacing missing shingles or repairing chimney flashing. For larger repairs or emergency roof repair, hire an experienced contractor in your area.
Does roof repair require a permit?
Roof repair permits are typically needed for repairing a roof section beyond one square (100 SF) or 25% of the total roof size.
Can I repair my own roof?
DIY roof repairs are dangerous and require experience. Always hire a professional roofer to pull permits, inspect, and fix roof damage.
Does homeowners' insurance cover roof repair?
Homeowners insurance covers most roof repairs and leaks caused by an accident or act of nature, such as fire, wind, or hail damage (unless excluded by the policy). However, homeowners insurance often doesn’t cover leaks and damage caused by wear and tear, old age, or lack of maintenance.
How to find local roof repair companies near me?
When getting roof repair estimates, use this checklist:
- Get three or more on-site estimates to compare. Beware of companies who recommend a full roof replacement when only repairs are needed.
- Ask for references and to see a portfolio of their past work.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Read their reviews on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Select a company that's been in business for five years or more.
- Be careful with extremely low or high price quotes.
- Ask for a clear written estimate and warranty.
- Ensure the roofers are up to date with local building codes and permits.
- Avoid large upfront payments. Instead, follow a payment schedule for large jobs.
What questions should I ask roof repair services?
When looking to hire the best roof repair services near you, ask them the following questions:
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- How long have you been repairing roofs?
- Are you part of professional roofing organizations like The National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA)?
- Can you provide references for past work?
- Can you give a detailed quote by line item?
- Does your quote include waste disposal or taxes?
- What’s your payment schedule?
- What does your warranty include?
- What additional fees may be required?
- Will you obtain permits when needed?
- Do you have experience claiming repairs through insurance? (if required)
- How long will the roof repair take?
- What hours do you and your crew work?
- Does the plywood roof deck need replacing?
- How do you handle damages on the job?
- Will you be present for the inspections?
- Do you offer financing?
- What do I need to provide to get started?