Ashburn, VA 20+ Pest Control Companies near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Pest Control Companies near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does pest control cost near me?
Pest control costs $100 to $270 for a one-time service or quarterly visits and $40 to $60 per month or semi-monthly visits. Pest control prices depend on the type of pests, home size, and if you sign a contract. A pest or termite inspection costs $75 to $150, though most exterminators offer them free to earn your business.
Does pest control work, and is it worth it?
Insect, termite, and pest control services are worth it and work to remove pests, prevent home damage, and keep your family and pets healthy and safe.
Pest control is necessary to:
- Exterminate common pests including ants, fleas, mosquitoes, flies, ticks, bed bugs, mice, scorpions, termites, cockroaches, bees, wasps, spiders, stink bugs, insects, and rodents.
- Locate and eliminate the source of the infestation to prevent future issues.
- Prevent pests and rodents from biting you or damaging the home.
- Keep your family and pets healthy and safe by preventing pests from sharing harmful diseases and hazardous bacteria.
How often should you pest control your home?
The average home should schedule pest control services once a quarter or every two to three months. Monthly pest control may be necessary to permanently solve recurring infestations with pests such as ants and cockroaches.
When should I call pest control?
Call a pest control company or bug exterminator when you see pests, droppings, pest-related property damage, or hear sounds.
Signs you need pest control:
- See pest-inflicted property damage
- See pests anywhere in or outside your home
- See rodent or pest droppings and urine
- Hear scratching, scampering, or rustling sounds
Are landlords responsible for pest control?
Landlords and condo associations are responsible for pest control and infestation prevention. However, if the landlord proves the tenant has living conditions or behaviors causing the infestation, the tenant is responsible.
Is doing my own pest control safe?
Setting rat, ant, or roach traps or baits is a relatively safe and cost-effective way of doing pest control yourself. However, misusing chemical pesticides can be harmful and dangerous to your family members, pets, home, and yard.
Do you tip pest control services?
Exterminators do not expect a tip. However, if they go above and beyond or spend more time than expected, a $5 to $20 tip is appreciated.
How to find the best pest control company in my area?
Start by searching our list of top-rated exterminators, then compare reviews and costs. After finding and contacting potential pest services:
- Get at least three estimates from local pest services to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Verify their license, insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask about any specials or cheap one-time services.
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a full itemized estimate in writing.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best pest control services near you.
What questions to ask local pest control services?
When hiring an exterminator for bug, insect, or termite control, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- Can I see your license, insurance, and bonding?
- Can you provide testimonials and references from past customers?
- What method or pest removal will you use?
- Are the chemicals you use safe for humans and pets?
- Do you also offer insect control and termite control?
- Are there any extra fees or surcharges I should be aware of?
- Do you background check your employees?
- How long will the job take?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- Can you provide me a written estimate or contract?
- How long will you honor your estimate?
- Do you require an annual contract?
- What’s your payment schedule? And what payment methods are accepted?
- What do I need to provide to get started?
Pest Control Companies Near You
No matter where you live, you’ll find unwanted pests in or around your home sooner or later. Bedbugs, lawn grubs, cockroaches ... all multiplying at alarming rates unless you stop them in their tracks. HomeGuide, with its list of experienced pest control technicians, can help.
When you use HomeGuide to find a pest control expert, you save so much time over trying to do it through a Google search. We have a long list of local professionals all in one spot, and you can study all the services they offer on your own time. Services can include animal and rodent removal, bed bug extermination, termite extermination, fire ant eradication and grub treatment.
Once you complete the small list of details about your pest control needs, you'll receive quotes from suitable experts within a few hours, along with their contact information, reviews and estimates. Then you can make your choice and recover your living space ASAP.