Ashburn, VA 20+ Home Remodeling Contractors near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Home Remodeling Contractors near you
Home Remodeling Services
Home Remodeling Costs
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to remodel a home?
The average cost to remodel a house is $15 to $60 per square foot or $20,000 to $100,000 for completely renovating a 3-bedroom home. Only renovating a kitchen or bathroom costs $100 to $250 per square foot. A kitchen remodel costs $10,000 to $50,000, while a bathroom remodel costs $5,000 to $25,000.
Who remodels homes?
Hire general contractors instead of unlicensed handymen for large home renovation projects. After creating design plans with an architect or interior designer, a general contractor gets the permits, arranges subcontractors, buys the building materials, and handle inspections. Design-build remodelers take care of the whole process from design to installation.
What services do home remodeling contractors provide?
Remodeling contractors plan, manage, and install cabinets, flooring, tiling, light fixtures, windows, countertops, knock down or replace walls, painting, replacing plumbing fixtures, and adding other finishes. Remodelers can completely change the look and floorplan of a home or individual rooms.
What remodeling increases home value?
Most remodeling projects have a 50% to 85% return on investment. The top remodeling projects that return more than 85% of your investment are siding replacement, garage door replacement, a new bathroom addition, and replacing windows and roofing.
How to choose a home remodeling contractor?
Hiring a local home remodeler requires planning accordingly, asking questions, and learning their work process. Choose the best home remodeling contractor by:
- Get at least three in-person house renovation quotes to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Pick specialized contractors over general ones if it’s a specific project.
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a full itemized contract in writing in case of a dispute.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
What questions should I ask home renovation contractors before hiring?
When looking for remodelers near you, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- How many similar projects have you completed?
- Can I see a portfolio of your past remodeling jobs?
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- How do you handle damages that happen on the job?
- Who's the project manager, and will you use subcontractors?
- What qualities do you look for in subcontractors?
- What hours do you and your crew work?
- What permits do I need, and will you obtain them?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- Can you provide me a written estimate or contract with a breakdown of all costs?
- What’s your payment schedule?
- What do I need to provide to get started?