Ashburn, VA 20+ Roofing Contractors near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Roofing Contractors near you
Frequently asked questions
How long does it take to replace a roof?
Roof replacement takes 1 to 3 days on average. The time to install a roof increases with challenging weather conditions, job complexity, or accessibility such as a steep roof pitch.
Should I repair or replace my roof?
Minor damages such as missing shingles, corroded flashing, or small leaks need roof repair. Roofs older than 20 years, repairs costing more than $3,000, or damage affecting more than 25% of the roof requires a full replacement.
Does a new roof increase home value?
Installing a new roof increases home value by $5,000 to $15,000 when reselling. Roof replacement has a 60% to 70% return on investment. New roofs also come with a 15 to 20-year warranty.
How long does a roof last?
Asphalt shingle roofs last 10 to 30 years on average, metal roofs last 30 to 75 years, and clay tiles, copper, or slate roofing lasts 50 to 100 years. Snow, hail, hurricanes, and other weather conditions reduce the life span of all roof types.
How do you know when you need a new roof?
Signs you need a new roof:
- Check your records to find the age of the roof. Roofs need replacing after 20 to 25 years.
- Check the attic for beams of light or stains that signal a leaky roof.
- Check the rooftop for missing, cracked, curled, or buckling shingles.
- Look for shingle granules in the gutters and downspouts.
- Examine the roof flashing around chimneys, vents, and skylights to ensure there are no cracks or leaking.
- Check the surface for sagging areas, rotting boards, water damage, and mold and fungi.
If you are still unsure you need a new roof, schedule a roof inspection.
Do roofing companies finance?
Yes, some roofing companies offer in-house financing or work with local banks to provide competitive rates and monthly payments that fit your budget. Other roofing contractors may require full payment at the time of install and leave the financing process up to you.
How to find the best roofing companies in my area?
To find the best roofing services:
- Get at least three on-site estimates from local roofing contractors to compare.
- Ask for references and to see a portfolio of their past work.
- Ask how much experience they have installing roofs.
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a full itemized contract in writing in case of a dispute.
- Ensure the roofers are up to date with local building codes and permits.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
What questions should I ask local roofers?
Reputable roofing companies are willing to answer any questions you have. Ask the following questions before hiring a residential roofing contractor.
- How long have you been in the roofing business?
- Is removing the old roof included in your quote?
- Will you work with me to create a floor plan?
- How many similar roofs like mine have you installed?
- Can you provide me with a list of references?
- Can I see your portfolio of your past work?
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- How do you handle damages that happen on the job?
- Who's the project manager, and will you use subcontractors?
- What hours do you and your crew work?
- How long will the project take?
- What permits do I need, and will you obtain them?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- What's your process in case of inclement weather?
- Can you provide me a written estimate or contract with a breakdown of all costs?
- What’s your payment schedule?
- Do you offer in-house financing?
- What do I need to provide to get started?
After you find recommended roofing contractors and ask questions, hire the top roofer near you.