Ashburn, VA 20+ Kitchen Remodelers near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Kitchen Remodelers near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to remodel a kitchen?
A kitchen remodel costs $100 to $250 per square foot or from $12,800 to $21,200 total on average. The cost of kitchen renovation depends on the size of the area, the quality of materials and appliances, and if the layout or location of plumbing changes.
How long does a kitchen remodel take?
Remodeling a kitchen takes 4 to 8 weeks on average. Custom kitchen renovation projects that include structural changes, removing or moving walls, or changing the floor plan take up to 12 weeks to finish.
What's included in a kitchen remodel?
Kitchen remodeling companies may install new appliances, a sink, countertops, cabinets, flooring, fixtures, an island, lighting, and painting the walls. Custom kitchen remodeling contractors can change the floor plan, knock down walls, and move plumbing and fixtures to a new location.
How to start a kitchen remodel?
- Set a budget.
- Determine the layout and where everything will go.
- Once everything is in place, decide on the materials, appliances, colors, and overall kitchen design.
- If you are unsure of what you want, consider hiring a kitchen designer.
- Next, research and contact multiple kitchen remodelers in your area.
- Compare at least three free estimates, verify their licensing and insurance, ask questions, check out their reviews, and hire the best contractor.
How to save money on a kitchen renovation?
To save money on kitchen remodeling, be sure to:
- Avoid changing the floor plan and moving the existing plumbing or electrical.
- Consider resurfacing or repainting the kitchen cabinets instead of installing new ones.
- Complete the kitchen renovation in stages to save on upfront costs.
- Get at least three estimates from kitchen and bath remodelers in your area to find the best price.
Does a kitchen remodel increase home value?
A kitchen remodel increases home value with a 60% to 80% return on investment (ROI) when you sell your home. Smaller kitchen renovations tend to provide a higher ROI than large upscale remodels.
How to choose a kitchen remodeling contractor?
Start by searching our list of kitchen remodeling companies near you. After researching and contacting potential candidates:
- Get at least three in-person house renovation quotes to compare.
- Verify their license, insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask what remodeling services they specialize in or provide.
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a full itemized contract in writing in case of a dispute.
- Discuss scheduling and how long the project will take
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
What questions should I ask kitchen remodeling companies before hiring?
When looking for kitchen contractors near you, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been in the kitchen and bath remodeling business?
- How many similar projects have you completed?
- What do your services include?
- Can I see a portfolio of your past remodeling jobs?
- Do you offer kitchen design services or 3D modeling?
- Can you provide me with references?
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- Who's the project manager, and will you use subcontractors?
- How do you handle damages that happen on the job?
- What qualities do you look for in subcontractors?
- What hours do you and your crew work?
- What permits do I need, and will you obtain them?
- When can you start, and when will you finish?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- What is your policy for change orders?
- Can you provide me a written estimate or contract with a breakdown of all costs?
- What’s your payment schedule?
- What do I need to provide to get started?