Ashburn, VA 20+ Carpet Installers near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Carpet Installers near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does carpet installation cost near me?
Carpet installation costs $2 to $8 per square foot to replace, depending on the quality, room size, and prep work. Replacing carpet in a 10x12 room costs $200 to $900. The cost to carpet stairs is $150 to $600. New carpet prices are $1 to $5 per square foot, plus $0.50 to $1.50 per square foot for labor.
How long does carpet installation take?
Installing carpet takes 4 to 8 hours for an average room. In some cases, preparation adds another day for moving furniture, removing the old carpeting, removing the baseboards, and repairing the sub-floor.
How often should carpet be replaced?
Carpet should be replaced every 5 to 15 years. Replace carpet when it starts to shed, unravel at the seams, if there's water damage, or when there are stains, matting, or it smells bad.
How long does carpet last?
Carpet lasts 5 to 20 years, depending on carpet and padding quality, material, foot traffic, and maintenance frequency. Carpets with a face weight (or fiber density) of less than 30 oz. last less than 7 years. A 40 oz.+ face weight carpet lasts 12+ years.
Who installs carpet in my area?
Flooring and carpet companies, handymen, and home improvement stores such as Home Depot and Lowe's install carpet in your area.
Do carpet installers move furniture?
Most carpet installers will move your furniture as part of the installation or replacement. Some carpet installers charge $25 to $75 per room to move or rearrange large furniture or appliances.
Do you tip carpet installers?
Carpet installers do not expect a tip. However, if the company does a great job or spends more time than expected, most homeowners tip $10 to $40 per worker tip is appreciated.
How do I find carpet installation companies near me?
Start by searching our list of contractors, then compare reviews and costs. After finding and contacting potential services:
- Get at least three free estimates to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, insured, and certified.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a full itemized estimate in writing.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best carpet installers in your area.
What questions to ask carpet companies?
When hiring a pro for carpet replacement, ask them the following questions:
- Are you licensed and bonded with liability insurance?
- Can you provide me a free written estimate?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many similar projects have you completed?
- Are your workers' employees or subcontractors?
- Can you provide references for past work?
- Can you provide a floor diagram with measurements and seam locations?
- Which carpet padding is required to maintain the warranty?
- What type of carpet do you recommend?
- What other expenses may arise?
- Can you do subfloor work if you find damages?
- Does your quote include moving furniture, removing old carpet and padding, and clean up?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- Will you obtain the permit if required?
- How long will the project take?
- What’s your payment schedule?
- Do you offer financing?
- What do I need to provide to get started?