Near You 20+ Carpet Cleaning Services near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Carpet Cleaning Services near you
Frequently asked questions
How much is carpet cleaning near me prices?
Carpet cleaning costs $25 to $70 per room or $0.15 to $0.30 per square foot. Carpet cleaning services charge $120 to $350 for whole-house projects. Some cheap carpet cleaning companies have deals of $99 to clean three rooms or first-time specials of 30% off.
How long does professional carpet cleaning take?
Professional carpet cleaning takes 20 minutes per room on average. Also, the setup process takes 10 to 20 minutes. The time varies depending on the amount of furniture that needs moving, the carpet's soilage, and any spot removal treatments.
How often should you get your carpets cleaned?
Carpets should be professionally deep cleaned every 12 to 18 months on average. Homes with children, pets, family members with allergies, high foot traffic, or smokers need deep carpet cleaning every 6 months on average.
What is professional carpet cleaning? And is it worth it?
A professional carpet cleaning service uses special equipment to remove dirt, stains, bacteria, dust, pollens, reduce allergens and mold, increase indoor air quality, and increase the carpet's longevity. Carpet shampoo services also apply soil and stain protectants that guard against future stains and soiling.
The best type of carpet cleaning methods are:
- Hot water extraction or steam cleaning – Hot water under high pressure extracts dirt, dust, and debris from carpeting. The steam fluffs up matted carpet fibers.
- Dry cleaning – A powder detergent is worked into the carpeting with a small amount of water and a rotating brush. After 15 minutes, the detergent is extracted along with the trapped dirt and allergens.
- Carpet shampoo – Specialty detergents are shampooed into the carpeting with water to clean out dirt and debris.
- Foam cleaning or encapsulation – A specialty foam is applied to the carpeting where it bubbles and expands. The foam binds and encapsulates the dirt before being removed by steam extraction.
- Bonnet cleaning – A carpet cleaning machine with a towel or bonnet scrubs shampoo over the surface and extracts dirt and debris.
Will professional carpet cleaning remove pet odors?
Yes, professional carpet cleaning removes bad odors, mold, mildew, and stains from cat or dog urine and hair.
Do carpet cleaning companies move your furniture?
Most carpet cleaning companies will move small or basic furniture for free, while others may charge a small fee or decline to move anything at all. Ask upfront before hiring and get a detailed estimate in writing.
How long does it take carpet to dry after cleaning?
Carpet takes 6 to 24 hours to dry completely on average, depending on the cleaning method, humidity, air circulation, and indoor temperature. Using fans, opening the windows, and turning on the air conditioner helps the carpet dry faster after cleaning.
Where can I find and hire the best carpet cleaner in my area?
To find the best carpet cleaners:
- Get at least three estimates to compare.
- Ask for references from their past customers.
- Verify the companies insurance.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask about employee training and if they perform background checks.
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for an estimate in writing upfront.
- Avoid making payments upfront. Most companies charge after the work is completed.
What questions to ask a residential carpet cleaner?
Once you have a shortlist of affordable carpet cleaners, ask the following questions before hiring:
- How long have you been cleaning carpets?
- How many carpets have you cleaned?
- What cleaning method is used during the process?
- Are the cleaning solutions safe for children and pets?
- Are your cleaning systems, solutions, and equipment approved by the Carpet and Rug Institute?
- Do you move furniture before cleaning?
- How much do you charge? Do you offer free estimates?
- Do you currently have any deals or specials?
- Can you provide me with a list of references?
- Are you bonded and insured?
- How long will the cleaning take?
- Can you provide me a written estimate?
- Is your work guaranteed?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- What do I need to provide to get started?
Do you tip a carpet cleaning service?
Carpet cleaning services do not expect a tip. However, if they go above and beyond or spend more time than expected, a $10 to $20 tip is appreciated.