Near You 20+ Tree Trimming Services near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Tree Trimming Services near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does tree trimming cost near me?
Tree trimming costs $80 to $1,000 per tree or $250 to $500 on average. Tree trimmers charge $100 to $150 per hour or up to $250 per hour for emergency work. Prices depend on the number, size, location, and type of trees. Costs increase for diseased trees or trees near buildings or power lines.
When is the best time to trim trees?
The best time to trim trees is between late fall or winter when the trees are in dormancy and early spring before blooms emerge. Most arborists recommend trimming mature trees every 3 to 5 years, and younger trees every 2 to 3 years.
Who is responsible for trimming trees near phone, cable, and power lines?
In most states, electric utility companies are responsible for trimming trees near power lines. In some areas, homeowners are responsible for cutting trees near the low-voltage service drop to their homes. Call the local utility company to determine if you are responsible.
Can I legally trim my neighbors overhanging tree branches?
You can legally trim any overhanging tree branches from your neighbor's trees that extend into your property line. However, you may not go onto the neighbor's property or destroy the tree.
Why are tree trimming and pruning necessary?
Tree trimming and pruning are vital because they can:
- Prevent potential property damage from fallen branches.
- Remove dead and diseased limbs that could be a safety hazard
- Improve structural integrity, promotes healthy growth, keep trees strong, and reduces the need for future pruning.
- Reduce bugs and insects from infested branches.
Does homeowners insurance cover tree trimming services?
Homeowners' insurance typically will not cover tree trimming or pruning costs. However, tree removal costs and damage caused by a falling tree on your house are covered by your homeowners' insurance.
How to find the best tree trimmers in my area?
Start by searching our list of tree cutters, then compare reviews and costs. After finding and contacting potential arborists:
- Get at least three estimates from tree trimming and removal services to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Verify their license, insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Select arborists certified with the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA), Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA), or Certified Tree Care Safety Professional (CTSP).
- When working close to power lines, they will need to be Approved Line-Clearance Arborists.
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a full itemized estimate in writing.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best licensed tree trimmers near you.
What questions to ask local tree trimming companies?
When hiring a professional tree trimmer, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- Can I see your license, insurance, and bonding?
- Can you provide testimonials and references from past customers?
- How do you calculate tree cutting fees?
- What equipment and cutting method will you use? Is there a cheaper method?
- Can you avoid topping the tree or using spikes to climb to prevent unhealthy wounds?
- Are there any extra fees or surcharges I should be aware of?
- Do you background check your employees?
- How long will my project take?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- How do you handle damages that happen on the job?
- Can you provide me a written estimate or contract?
- How long will you honor your estimate?
- Will you pull any required permits?
- What’s your payment schedule? And what payment methods are accepted?
- What do I need to provide to get started?