Ashburn, VA 20+ Lawn Mower Repair Services near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Lawn Mower Repair Services near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does lawn mower repair cost near me?
Lawn mower repair service costs $40 to $90 for a walk-behind mower and $75 to $170 for a riding mower for typical repairs or a tune-up. Most lawn mower mechanics have a price list for common repairs and charge $45 to $100 per hour for larger repairs.
Is it worth it to repair a lawn mower?
Lawn mower repair specialists recommend replacing if the repair costs will exceed 50 percent of the replacement cost or a mower has surpassed half it's expected life. A push-behind lawn mower lasts 8 to 10 years, while a riding mower lasts 15 to 20 years with regular maintenance.
What are signs I need a lawn mower repair service?
Common signs your lawnmower needs service includes:
- Mower won't start
- Mower won't stay running or starts then stalls
- Battery keeps dying
- There are knocking, sputtering, screeching, or rattling sounds
- Mower is consuming too much or leaking oil or gas
- Mower has unusual and excessive vibration
- Smoke is coming out of the exhaust
- Mower is bagging or discharging improperly
- Mower is no longer self-propelling
- Mower is not cutting well or shuddering on heavy or dense grass
What are common lawn mower repairs and issues?
Common walk-behind and riding lawn mowers repairs and issues that mechanics can fix are:
- Oil change
- Spark plug replacement
- Battery replacement
- Blade sharpening
- Belt replacement
- Clean or replace the air filter
- Tire repair and replacement
- Carburetor cleaning or replacement
How long should a lawn mower last?
The average walk-behind lawnmower lasts 8 to 10 years with regular maintenance, and 4 to 5 years with poor maintenance. A riding mower should last 500 to 1500+ hours or 15 to 20 years with proper care.
Who repairs or services lawn mowers?
Lawn mower repair shops, small engine mechanics, lawn and garden equipment stores, and home improvement stores like Home Depot repair lawnmowers.
Do lawn mower repair shops offer free estimates?
Most lawn mower repair services will diagnose the problem and offer a free estimate to repair and fix the issues. Some local shops offer in-home repairs or free pick up and delivery of mowers their fixing.
How often should a lawn mower be serviced?
Lawnmowers require a tune-up and servicing every 50 hours or once a season. A typical lawnmower tune-up includes:
- Changing the oil
- Cleaning or changing the oil filter
- Replacing the spark plug
- Replacing the fuel filter
How to find a lawn mower repair shop in my area?
Start by searching our list of local mower repair services in your area, then compare reviews and costs. After finding and contacting potential pros:
- Compare at least three free estimates.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, insured, and certified.
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask for a price list of standard repair services.
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a written contract, warranty, and detailed estimate.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best lawn mower repair service in your area.
What questions to ask local lawn mower repair services?
When hiring a lawn mower mechanic, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- What mower brands do you repair?
- Do you do in-home repairs, or do I need to bring my mower to your shop?
- Do you offer free estimates?
- How much will the repair cost?
- Do you have a price list for common services?
- How likely is it that you can fix my mower?
- Should I repair or replace my mower?
- How long will it take to repair my mower?
- Are there any potential complications you foresee?
- Do you offer a guarantee?
- What payment options do you accept?
- What do I need to provide to get started?