Ashburn, VA 20+ Deck Repair Contractors near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Deck Repair Contractors near you
Decks & Patios Cost Guides
Frequently asked questions
Should I repair or replace my deck?
Wood decks last 10 to 30 years with annual maintenance and repairs before disintegrating and potentially becoming dangerous or collapsing. Consider replacing decks older than 8 years that need major repairs or when the cost of repairs exceeds half the cost of new deck building.
- Decks need regular maintenance, sealing, minor repairs, and cleaning annually to remain habitable and safe.
- For major repairs, decks eight years old or less can be re-planked and re-railed without compromising the stability and safety of the structure.
How long does a wood deck last?
A deck made of untreated wood lasts 10 to 30 years, depending on the quality and proper maintenance, sealing, and repairs. Decks made of treated wood and composite materials last 25 to 50 years.
Does a deck add value to a home?
Installing or repairing a deck adds value to a home and has a 70% to 80% return on investment. Spending $10,000 on a new deck increases the value of a home by $7,500 on average.
What are common deck repair services?
Standard deck repair services include:
- Water damage
- Fading color
- Wood rot, mold, and mildew
- Gaps between the boards
- Structural and footing damage
- Pest control and termite damage
- Popped out nails
- Loose stairs or handrails
- Missing and damaged boards or posts
- Grading and drainage issues
How to find local deck repair contractors?
Start by searching our list of deck repair companies near you, then compare reviews and costs. Next:
- Get at least three free estimates in-person to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask if they are part of their local chamber of commerce or any trade associations such as the North American Deck & Railing Association (NADRA).
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Get a detailed estimate, contract, and warranty in writing before the work begins.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best deck repair services in your area.
What questions to ask deck repair companies?
Before hiring a local deck repair contractors, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been doing deck maintenance?
- Which decking materials are you experienced in repairing?
- Can I see your portfolio and a list of references?
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- Are you a member of the BBB, chamber of commerce, or any trade associations?
- Are your workers' employees or subcontractors?
- Will the replacement materials match my existing deck?
- How do you handle damages that happen on the job?
- Who's the project manager?
- What hours do you and your crew work?
- How long will the project take?
- What permits do I need, and will you obtain them?
- Do you provide a warranty, and what does it cover?
- How much is your cost estimate?
- Can you provide me a written estimate with a breakdown of all costs?
- What is the structure of the payment agreements?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- What do I need to provide to get started?