Ashburn, VA 20+ AC Installation Companies near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best AC Installation Companies near you
How Much Will Your Central Air Conditioning Cost?
Frequently asked questions
How much does air conditioning installation cost near me?
A new AC unit costs $3,300 to $5,900 on average, depending on the type, size, and condition of ductwork. A ductless mini-split AC installation costs $3,200 to $10,500 on average, depending on the number of zones. Installing a window unit AC costs $250 to $700.
HVAC installation costs $7,000 to $16,000 for a new AC unit, furnace, and ductwork.
Should I repair or replace my air conditioner?
Most AC technicians recommend installing a new air conditioner if they are 15 years or older. Some pros use the $5,000 rule by taking the equipment's age and multiplying by the repair cost. If the number is less than $5,000, consider air conditioning repair.
What is the average life expectancy of an air conditioner?
Home air conditioners have a life expectancy of 15 to 20 years on average. AC units may last only 10 years without regular maintenance.
Do the best AC companies offer free estimates?
Most AC companies offer free on-site estimates to diagnose any issues. Some AC installers charge a $75 to $200 service call, which gets credited back when hired. Contact at least three AC services upfront to compare before hiring.
Does a new air conditioner add value to a home?
Installing a new air conditioner increases home value and has a 35% to 50% return on investment. New energy-efficient AC units save up to 40% on electricity costs.
How long does it take to install an AC unit?
Installing an AC unit takes 4 to 8 hours on average for a replacement. Air conditioner installations that require new ductwork, are difficult to access, or have issues take up to 2 days. The time depends on the home's size and location, new install vs. replacement, and the central air unit's type and location.
Do you tip AC installers?
AC installers do not expect a tip, and most people do not tip. However, if they go above and beyond or spend more time than expected, a cold drink, hot lunch, or $10 to $20 tip is appreciated.
Can you install an AC unit yourself?
No, you cannot replace your AC unit yourself. Installing an AC is dangerous, requires permits, and must be installed by a licensed technician to keep the warranty valid.
How to find local central air conditioning companies?
Start by searching our list of ac installers, then compare reviews and costs. Next:
- Get at least three free estimates in-person to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Check to see if they are members of the North American Technician Excellence (NATE), Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), or the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA).
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Get a detailed estimate, contract, and warranty in writing before the work begins.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best AC company in your area.
What questions to ask AC installation companies?
When hiring an AC company, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been in the HVAC business?
- How many air conditioner installations have you completed similar to mine?
- How much is your cost estimate?
- Can you provide testimonials and references from past customers?
- Will the technician inspect the entire system, including the ductwork?
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- Are your technicians certified by professional organizations such as AHRI, EPA 608, or NATE?
- If my AC is under warranty, are you certified to do warranty work for this brand?
- How long will the project take?
- Do I need permits, and will you obtain them?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- Can you provide me a written estimate or contract?
- What’s your payment schedule?
- Are financing options available?
- What do I need to provide to get started?