Ashburn, VA 20+ Asphalt Repair Companies near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Asphalt Repair Companies near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does asphalt repair cost near me?
- Asphalt repairs cost $2 to $5 per square foot or $250 to $800 on average for patching or filling potholes and cracks.
- Asphalt driveway resurfacing costs $1 to $3 per square foot or $400 to $1,800, depending on the blacktop size and condition.
- Asphalt sealing costs $0.20 to $0.70 per square foot and is recommended 3 to 9 months after any repairs, resurfacing, or repaving.
- A new asphalt driveway costs $3 to $7 per square foot installed or $1,200 to $4,000 on average.
What are the different types of asphalt repair?
Asphalt repair includes:
- Patching or filling potholes with a cold-patch or hot-mix asphalt
- Crack filling or sealing with asphalt emulsion
- Saw-cut out old asphalt and repave the area with new asphalt
- Infrared heating melts the damaged asphalt, and then new asphalt is added to create a patch
- Replacing sunken sections of driveways with foundation issues
- Asphalt overlay or resurfacing adds a 1.5 to 2.0-inch top layer of hot asphalt on the existing asphalt
- Sealcoating waterproofs the asphalt, protects the surface, and restores the look
- Total asphalt replacement or repaving
Should I repair, resurface, or replace my asphalt driveway?
Asphalt companies recommend repairing or resurfacing blacktops when:
- Less than 25% to 30% of the surface is damaged.
- The existing driveway is less than 15 to 20 years old.
- Cracks are less than 0.25" to 0.75" wide and 2" deep on the driveway surface.
- Foundation is still in good condition.
- The surface color is light gray, signaling weak oxidized asphalt that cracks easily.
- Resurface if the pavement requires frequent patching repairs.
How long does asphalt paving last?
Asphalt paving lasts 15 to 30 years, depending on the climate, maintenance, traffic, asphalt grade, foundation and installation quality, drainage, and soil type. Asphalt deteriorates fastest when water freezes and thaws inside the pavement's cracks.
How do I find local asphalt repair companies?
Start by searching our list of residential asphalt repair pros near you. After researching and contacting pros:
- Compare at least three estimates from asphalt repair companies.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select pavers that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Avoid companies offering discounts by selling old, leftover asphalt.
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Look at their reviews on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Choose a certified company affiliated with the state’s Department of Transportation asphalt training programs, the National Center for Asphalt Technology (NCAT), or similar road-construction education programs.
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a written contract, warranty, and detailed estimate.
- Don’t pay in full before the work begins. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the most affordable and best asphalt patching companies near you.
What questions to ask asphalt driveway repair companies?
When looking for the best blacktop repair companies, ask the following questions:
- How long have you been a paving contractor?
- How many asphalt driveways have you repaired?
- Can you provide me with references or customer referrals?
- Can I see before and after photos of your past repairs?
- What materials do you use as a base to stabilize the new surface?
- What kind of asphalt do you use, and how long should it last?
- Does this estimate include all the material and labor fees?
- How will you handle the cleanup, and does it cost extra?
- Will you need more space around the driveway for paving equipment?
- How long do I have to wait before driving on the repaired asphalt?
- Will the contractors protect my surrounding landscaping?
- How do you manage unexpected project delays?
- Can I see your company’s business license, insurance, and bond guarantees?
- If the repair affects city property like sidewalks, will you pull the permits?
- What does your warranty include?
- What do I need to provide to get started?