Ashburn, VA 20+ TV Repair Shops near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best TV Repair Shops near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does TV repair cost in my area?
TV repair costs $60 to $350 on average, depending on the problem. Some TV repair shops charge $60 to $125 per hour to fix a tv screen, or a flat rate of $50 to $250 plus parts, including the diagnostic fee. Most TV repairs take 1 to 3 hours if the tv technician has the parts.
Do TV repair shops offer free estimates?
Many TV repair shops charge a $20 to $60 diagnostic fee, depending on whether it's in-home or at the repair shop. Some TV shops charge a flat fee of $50 to $250, covering both the diagnostic and labor costs to fix.
Who fixes flat-screen TVs near me?
TV repair shop technicians, appliance repair services, electronics stores, and Geek Squad from Best Buy are places that fix flat-screen TVs. Some technicians offer in-home TV repair, while others are in-shop only. TV repair shops may pick up and deliver a TV for free or charge a $40 to $75 fee.
Is it worth fixing a TV?
TV repair technicians recommend repairing any TV over 60 inches, and replacing if it's smaller, has a cracked screen, or the cost of repairs is more than half the price of buying a new one. TV repair costs $60 to $350 on average, while a new 55" TV costs $400 to $600.
Can you repair a TV screen?
The cost of TV screen replacement is generally the same as or more than the cost of buying a new TV. Therefore, replacing a broken or malfunctioning TV screen is not considered a viable option. If the TV is under the manufacturer’s warranty, the manufacturer may replace the entire unit.
What are common TV types, brands, and issues that can be fixed?
Television repair shops fix flat-screen LED, LCD, OLED, plasma, HD, HDR, DLP, and projection TVs. Technicians repair all major TV brands, including LG, VIZIO, Samsung, Toshiba, Sony, Insignia, Sharp, and more.
Common TV problems that are fixable include:
- No sound or picture
- Doesn't turn on
- Horizontal or vertical lines on the screen
- Motherboard, power supply board, or inverter replacement
- Bulb or backlight replacement
- HDMI port and circuit board repair
- Capacitor repair
- Fuse repair
- Panel repair
Can you repair a scratch on a flat-screen TV?
Optical glass glue, petroleum jelly, or an LCD scratch repair kit with isopropyl alcohol may remove minor scratches from a flat-screen TV. Flat-screen replacement glass is not available.
How to find a TV repair in my area?
Start by searching our list of TV technicians in your area, then compare reviews and costs. After finding and contacting potential pros:
- Get at least three free estimates to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, insured, and certified.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best appliance repair pro in your area.
What questions to ask local tv repair shops?
When hiring a TV technician, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- What TV brands do you repair?
- Do you do in-home repairs or do I need to bring my TV to your shop?
- How likely is it that you can fix my TV?
- Would it be cheaper to replace my TV instead of repairing it?
- How long will it take to repair my TV?
- Are there any potential complications you foresee with this project?
- Do you offer a guarantee?
- How much will the repair cost?
- What payment options do you accept?
- What do I need to provide to get started?