Ashburn, VA 20+ Septic Tank Pumping Services near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Septic Tank Pumping Services near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank near me?
Septic tank pumping costs $250 to $750 on average, depending on the tank size and location. Pumping a 750-gallon tank for homes less than 1,500 square feet costs $250, while 1,000+ gallon tanks for homes 2,500 square feet and up cost $375 and up.
How often does a septic tank need to be pumped?
The Environmental Protection Agency recommends pumping your septic system every 3 to 5 years. Septic pumping frequency depends on the number of residents, the amount of wastewater generated, the volume of solids, and septic tank size.
Professionals should also inspect the system every 3 years to look for leaks and layers of scum and sludge. The tank needs pumping when the bottom of the scum layer is within 6" of the bottom outlet tee, or the top sludge layer is within 12" of the outlet tee.
Signs a septic tank is full:
- Toilets and drains running slowly
- Foul odors in your home
- Pooling water above your drain field
- Sewer backup
- Overly healthy lawn above your septic bed
How long does it take to pump a septic tank?
Pumping a home septic tank takes 20 to 60 minutes to empty on average, depending on the tank size, past maintenance, volume of waste, and the equipment used.
Why pump a septic tank?
Pumping a septic tank removed excess waste, particles, and residue. Pumping the tank prevents backups and clogs in the septic system and allows water and waste to continue flowing.
Who pumps septic tanks?
Septic service professionals and some plumbers pump septic tanks. Get cost estimates, contact septic pumping services, and book the job today on HomeGuide.
Where to find local septic tank pumping companies?
To find the local septic services, do the following:
- Start your search on websites like HomeGuide and Google.
- Get at least three price estimates to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Select companies that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a full itemized estimate or contract in writing.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
After asking questions, hire the best septic tank pumping services near you.
What questions should you ask local septic tank companies?
When hiring a septic pumping service, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been pumping septic systems?
- Will there be odors during and after the service?
- How many septic systems have you pumped?
- What services are included in the cost?
- Are there any potential complications you foresee?
- Can you provide testimonials and references from past customers?
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- Can you provide me a written estimate or contract?
- What’s your payment schedule?
- What do I need to provide to get started?