Ashburn, VA 20+ Garage Door Installers near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Garage Door Installers near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does a new garage door and installation cost?
Garage door installation costs $550 to $1,300 for a single door and $800 to $1,800 to replace a double door. Garage door prices are $400 to $1,100 and labor costs $150 to $700. Installation includes: old door removal, installing the new door and tracks, connecting the existing opener, and a 1-year labor warranty.
How much does a garage door opener cost to install?
Installing a garage door opener costs $250 to $500 for the materials and labor. Prices for garage door openers vary depending on the brand, model, power, and overhead door type.
How much does it cost to repair a garage door?
Garage door repair costs $125 to $350 on average, depending on the service. Minimum call-out service fees of $50 to $100 may apply. Repairs are typically free if the garage door is under warranty.
- Garage door spring replacement costs $120 to $350, while spring repair costs $40 to $80.
- Repairing broken garage door cables costs $80 to $185.
- Garage door opener or chain repair costs $75 to $300.
- Replacing garage door tracks costs $125 to $300.
- Fixing and aligning safety sensors costs $85 to $200.
- Repairing bent garage door tracks costs $125 to $400.
- Repairing rollers or brackets costs $80 to $200.
How long does it take to install a garage door?
Installing a garage door takes 3 to 6 hours to replace a door of the same type and size. The total installation time depends on the door size, compatibility, required modifications, and the existing wiring and brackets condition.
How long do garage doors last?
Garage doors last 15 to 30 years on average, depending on the daily usage, door quality, climate, and maintenance. Garage door openers last 10 to 15 years. Garage door springs last 7 to 14 years or 10,000 to 15,000 cycles, depending on the daily opening frequency.
Do you tip garage door installers?
Most homeowners tip garage door installers $10 to $20 per person. However, garage door installers don’t expect tips. Tipping is a nice gesture when installers do a great job and clean up.
How do I find the best garage door companies near me?
Start by searching our list of overhead door companies, then compare reviews and costs. After finding and contacting potential services:
- Get at least three free estimates to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, insured, and certified.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Check state laws to see licensing requirements. In states where garage door installations are an unlicensed trade, ask more about their experience.
- Ask if permits or door reinforcements are necessary to meet local building codes.
- Ask for a full itemized estimate in writing.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
Be sure the quote includes: on-site consultation before ordering the door, removing and disposing of the old door, reconnecting to the opener, resealing the door perimeter, permits, and cleaning up.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best garage door contractor in your area.
What questions to ask local garage door companies?
When hiring a pro for garage door replacement, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- How many similar projects have you completed?
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- Can you provide testimonials and references from past customers?
- Will you obtain the permit if required?
- How long do the torsion springs last on the door you recommend? (Aim for up to 10 years, or up to 20,000 cycles)
- Does the door have an option for nylon rollers for quieter operation?
- Are there any potential complications or modifications required with this project?
- What safety regulations do you follow?
- How long will the garage door take to replace?
- Do I need to be there during the replacement?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- Can you provide me a free written estimate?
- What payment options do you accept?
- What do I need to provide to get started?