Ashburn, VA 20+ Custom Cabinet Makers near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Custom Cabinet Makers near you
Frequently asked questions
How much do custom cabinets cost near me?
Custom cabinets cost $500 to $1,200 per linear foot installed, and semi-custom cabinets cost $200 to $550 per linear foot. The average cost to install fully custom cabinets is $12,000 to $18,000. Cabinet makers charge $50 to $150 per hour for labor alone.
What does a cabinet maker do?
Cabinet makers design, build, finish, install, and repair custom bathroom and kitchen cabinetry, bookshelves, storage racks, closets, shelving, pantries, wine cellars, bars, and heirloom-quality furniture.
How long does it take to build custom cabinets?
Custom cabinets take 6 to 12 weeks on average to design, order materials, build, and install. The cabinet building time depends on the style, design planning, materials and availability, finishes, and add-ons.
What to consider before installing cabinets?
Consider the following factors when planning your custom cabinetry.
- Materials – Cabinet makers can build custom cabinets from different types of wood, glass, metal, and other materials. Hardware for handles and hinges also comes in various designs and materials.
- Design style – Cabinets come in six main types to choose from: Shaker-style, beadboard, glass-front, flat-front, plywood, and natural unfinished wood. Decide if you prefer sliding or pivot doors, need extra storage space, or need additional drawers.
- Finishing – Select from various finishing options such as painted, stained, glazed, natural, varnished, or distressed. Ask the cabinet maker about green options and non-toxic varnishes and stains.
- Add-ons – Considier installing built-in and add-on accessories such as storage systems, wine racks, custom lighting, stemware racks, pull-out trash bins, roll-out shelving, appliance panels, bookcases, and more.
How much does refinishing or refacing cabinets cost in my area?
Cabinet refacing costs $100 to $500 per linear foot, which is 50% to 75% less than replacing cabinets. Refacing is recommended for custom cabinetry when there is no damage to the cabinet doors or boxes.
Refinishing or repainting cabinets costs $3 to $10 per square foot or $900 to $3,800. Refinishing or repainting is significantly cheaper than new custom cabinets or refacing, and is recommended when cabinets show minor wear or needs an updated look.
How do I find cabinet makers in my area?
Start by searching our list of cabinet makers, then compare reviews and costs. After finding and contacting potential services:
- Get at least three free estimates from cabinet builders to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, insured, and certified.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a full itemized estimate in writing.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best custom cabinet maker in your area.
What questions to ask local cabinet builders before hiring?
When hiring a cabinet builder, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- How many similar projects have you completed?
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- Can you provide testimonials, references, and pictures from past customers?
- What type of wood or materials do you recommend using?
- Which cabinet design style would match my home?
- What size should my cabinets be?
- How will the cabinets be assembled?
- How will the drawers and slide-out shelves be made?
- What accessories can we install behind the doors?
- Will the cabinets be finished on-site or in the shop?
- Are there any potential complications you foresee with this project?
- How long will the cabinets take to make and install?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- Can you provide me a written estimate or contract with a breakdown of all costs?
- What’s your payment schedule?
- What do I need to provide to get started?