Ashburn, VA 20+ Window Repair Companies near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Window Repair Companies near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to repair a window near me?
The average cost to repair a window is $150 to $500, depending on the type, number of panes, and extent of damage.
What do home window repair companies do?
Window repairs include everything from fixing leaks, rotted frames, sashes, sealing to replacing glass panes and hardware. Window specialists can perform window installation if it's beyond repair.
Common home window fixes:
- Leaking or moisture between double-pane windows
- Broken window glass panes
- Rotten or damaged wood window frame, sash, or sill
- Window hardware and mechanism repairs such as springs, locks, hinges, crank levers
- Window balancing and sealing
- Residential window tinting
- Complete window replacement
Should I repair or replace my broken windows?
Professionals recommend repairing windows whenever possible and replacing if 20 years or older. Repairing windows is a cheaper, low-maintenance solution and can provide energy savings. Older windows we're built to be repaired, but newer windows typically require a replacement.
Most home window repair types are fixable, such as double-pane, storm, casement, awning, sliding, electric, bay and bow, transom, and stationary windows:
- Rotting wood: repair minor damage and replace if thoroughly rotten.
- Broken glass panels: replace inexpensive windows and repair vintage or multi-pane custom windows.
- Leaking seals: repair by installing a new sash.
- Cranky windows: repair unless parts on old windows are out of production.
- Drafty windows: Repair by sealing the leaks
Schedule a free estimate to get a professional opinion of whether to repair or replace.
Can you repair a rotted window frame?
Rotten wood window frames, sashes, or muntins are repairable if the damage is minor. Replace if the frames are rotten throughout.
How to find and hire a local window repair service?
Start by searching our list of local window repair services. After finding and contacting potential candidates:
- Get at least three in-person estimates to compare. Avoid getting window repair quotes over the phone.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Check the window manufacturer’s warranty and homeowner’s insurance for glass-replacement coverage.
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for a full itemized estimate in writing.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best house window repair service near you.
What questions should I ask residential window repair services?
When hiring a window fixing service, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- Can you provide testimonials and references from past customers?
- Do you offer same-day residential window repair?
- Should my window be repaired or replaced?
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- If my window is under warranty, are you certified to do warranty work for this brand?
- How long will the project take?
- Do I need permits, and will you obtain them?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- Can you provide me a written estimate or contract?
- What’s your payment schedule?
- Are financing options available for larger repairs?
- What do I need to provide to get started?