Ashburn, VA 20+ Junk Removal Services near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Junk Removal Services near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does junk removal cost near me?
Junk removal prices are $150 to $350 on average or $1.50 per ft3. A half truckload costs $200 to $300 to haul away junk, while a full-size truckload of junk costs about $400 to $450 to remove.
How do you prepare for junk removal?
To prepare for junk removal:
- Make a list of items to get rid of by going through areas like closets, attics, garage, and basement.
- Organize the list into three piles: items that can be donated, items that have resale value, and junk.
- Contact at least three junk removal companies for price estimates.
Do you tip junk removal services?
Tipping for junk removal is not expected but is appreciated. If the junk removal professionals do a great job and spend more time than expected, consider tipping 10% or $10 to $20 per crew member.
What do junk hauling services take?
Residential and commercial junk hauling services typically take:
- Furniture and couches
- Mattresses and box springs
- Electronics (e-waste), TV's, and printers
- Computers, laptops, and monitors
- Refrigerators and freezers
- Household garbage
- Carpeting and rugs
- Exercise equipment
- Pool tables
- Hot tubs and spas
- Scrap metal
- Tires and rubber
- BBQ pit and grills
- Yard waste
- Construction waste
Items that typically cannot be removed are:
- Hazardous waste
- Medical waste and supplies
- Liquids such as paint, chemicals, cleaners, propane, oil, or mercury-based items
Who will pick up junk for free?
Junk haulers may pick up working appliances, tools, or furniture in good condition for free, or you may donate them to the Salvation Army, Goodwill, or nonprofit organizations. Request a free estimate from junk collectors in your area.
How do I find junk haulers near me?
Start by searching our list of junk removal pros, then compare reviews, costs, and:
- Get at least three free estimates to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, insured, and certified.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Ask for an estimate in writing.
- Avoid making payments upfront. Pay after the junk is loaded and your property is not damaged.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best junk pickup in your area.
What questions to ask junk removal services?
When hiring a junk collector, ask them the following questions:
- Are you licensed and bonded with liability insurance?
- Can you provide me a free written estimate?
- Can you provide references for past work?
- How long have you been in business?
- How many similar jobs have you completed?
- What do your services include?
- Are your workers' employees or subcontractors?
- How much do you charge?
- What other expenses may arise?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- How do you handle damages that occur on the job?
- How long will the junk collection take?
- What payment methods do you accept?
- What do I need to provide to get started?