Wehner Renovations And Repairs
We are a local Veteran/Family owned and operated handyman and home remodeling business. We take our time to make sure the job is done correctly. We admit we are human and mistakes can happen. However, we try our best to avoid mistakes and always correct any mistakes we have made. We enjoy working with our customers and are always here to help them out with whatever they need. No job is too small!
Check out our website and like/follow us on social media!
What we enjoy most about our work is being able to meet new people and make a difference in their life. There is a sense of pride that goes along with knowing that you helped someone.
Photos and videos
No reviews (yet)
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
We ask that all customers send us an email to [email protected] or contact us through our website: www.WehnerRenovationsandRepairs.com, including what they are wanting to have completed.
Once we receive their email, we then respond to schedule an appointment for their estimate. Or, if an appointment is not needed, we simply email their estimate. At the estimate appointment, measurements and photos are taken to aide in the estimate. Estimates are sent out within 24 hours.
We ask that customers inform us immediately if they have any issues or concerns with their estimate. We do our best to work with our customers as we understand each customer, and their personal situation, is unique. Upon approval, the customer signs the estimates.
Once the estimate is signed, we then reach out to schedule their job.
How did you get started in this business?
We got started simply by helping our neighbors with various home repairs. After realizing how happy it made us, we decided to start our business.
What types of customers have you worked with?
- Veterans (Heather, the Co-Owner and Business Manager of Wehner Renovations and Repairs, is a disabled United States Air Force Veteran).... we offer a 10% discount with proof of military service
- Single Moms
- Business Owners
- Non-Profits (we believe in helping our community and offer free labor to non-profits, when we can)
Describe a recent event you are fond of.
We will be donating our labor to the Keturah House of Katy. This non-profit organization will provide housing and care for homeless pregnant women. We will be refinishing the front door before they open in April. Check back on our website, Facebook, and Instagram for photos!
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a pro in your area of expertise?
Don't base your choice on on-line reviews. There are many customers who do not use social media, companies who pay for good reviews, and people who put fake positive/negative reviews on-line (which can only be removed by the person who posted them). Instead, speak with the contractor, ask for their references, but also ask if others have heard of them and used them. Remember that not everyone can be pleased, so even the best contractor will have negative reviews. Gather as much information as you can, then make your decision. Be sure that it is YOUR decision, and not someone else telling you who to go with.
What questions should customers think through before talking to pros about their needs?
- What is your budget? (Without knowing your situation, you will get the basic estimate. However, a contractor who cares more about their customers than money, will do what they can to work with their customers)
- What are your expectations? (It's best to mention this before you hire a contractor. This way you are both on the same page)
- What hours of the week/weekend are you comfortable having a contractor and their team at your home? (Depending on what you are having done, this can feel a bit intrusive. Knowing this before hand will make scheduling of your job much easier)