Ashburn, VA 20+ Sprinkler Installation Companies near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Sprinkler Installation Companies near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to install a sprinkler system?
Installing a sprinkler system costs $1,700 to $3,800 for an average quarter-acre lawn. Sprinkler installation for a one-acre yard costs $7,000 to $13,000 on average. Sprinkler system prices depend on the lot size, layout, number of zones, material quality, and water pressure.
How long does it take to install a sprinkler system?
Installing a residential sprinkler system takes one day on average, depending on the lot size and number of zones. Larger yards with additional zones take 2 to 3 days on average, not including designing the system.
How long do sprinkler systems last?
Sprinkler systems last 20 years on average, depending on the design, usage, maintenance, and quality of components. Quality sprinkler heads last 10 to 15 years, sprinkler valves last 10 to 15 years, and sprinkler controllers last 5 to 10 years on average.
Does a sprinkler system add value to a home?
Installing a sprinkler system adds value to a home and has up to an 86% return on investment. Lawn sprinklers make outdoor maintenance easier and are appealing to home buyers.
Who installs sprinkler systems?
Lawn sprinkler companies and landscapers both install sprinkler systems. Always hire licensed, bonded, and insured sprinkler companies for your protection.
How hard is it to install a sprinkler system?
Installing a sprinkler system is difficult and requires a professional. Sprinkler installation includes designing the system, digging trenches, laying underground piping, connecting sprinkler heads, installing a backflow preventer, wiring the zone valves and control panel, and joining the main water supply.
How to find local sprinkler system installers?
Start by searching our list of sprinkler companies, then compare reviews and costs. Next:
- Get at least three free estimates in-person to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Request a sprinkler system design plan detailing the water pressure, zones, type and placement of sprinkler heads, and head-to-head water coverage.
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Get a detailed estimate, contract, and warranty in writing before the work begins.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best lawn sprinkler installers in your area.
What questions to ask sprinkler installation companies?
When hiring a sprinkler contractor, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been installing sprinkler systems?
- Do you have any professional certifications or training in water efficiency or sustainable landscaping?
- How many projects have you completed similar to mine?
- Can you provide testimonials and references from past customers?
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- Do you provide a scale drawing showing the planned sprinkler heads, lateral and main lines, and zoning?
- Are you connecting to the main water line?
- Do I have enough water pressure or will I need a booster pump?
- How deep are you burying the main lines?
- Will you dig trenches or use a pipe puller instead?
- How much is your cost estimate?
- What factors make a difference in the cost of installing an irrigation system?
- How long will the project take?
- Do I need permits, and will you obtain them?
- What does your warranty policy include?
- Can you provide me a written estimate or contract?
- What’s your payment schedule?
- Are financing options available?
- What do I need to provide to get started?