Near You 20+ Lawn Fertilizing Companies near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Lawn Fertilizing Companies near you
Frequently asked questions
How much does a lawn fertilizer service cost?
A lawn fertilizer service costs $50 to $150 per application or $0.05 to $0.15 per square foot on average, depending on the yard size and fertilization type. Professional lawn fertilizer companies like Scotts, Lawn Doctor, or TruGreen charge $200 to $700 per year for complete maintenance.
How often to fertilize a lawn?
Most lawns need fertilizing once or twice a year to keep the grass green and root system healthy. Consider feeding your lawn 3 to 4 times per year in smaller applications for better performance. Over-fertilizing a lawn causes a drying effect that damages the root structure and may "burn" or kill the grass.
When is the best time to fertilize a lawn?
Spring is the best time to apply lawn fertilizer for warm-season grasses like Bermuda, zoysia, and St. Augustine. Cool-season grasses should be fertilized between late summer and fall for ryegrass, fescues, and Kentucky bluegrass. Avoid fertilizing your lawn in the winter when the grass is dormant.
What are the benefits of fertilizing your lawn?
Lawn fertilizer promotes rapid growth, healthy root systems, lush green color, and boosts the overall health of the grass. Lawn fertilizer also helps with drought protection, cold tolerance, and disease resistance. Some fertilizers also prevent weeds and unwanted growth, kill moss and fungus, and control insects.
Lawn fertilizers are either granular, liquid, organic, or synthetic and contain three main nutrients: nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium (NPK).
How to find the best lawn fertilizer companies?
Start by searching our list of yard fertilizer companies, then compare reviews and costs. Next:
- Get at least three free estimates in-person to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Get a detailed estimate, contract, and warranty in writing for long-term fertilization programs before the work begins.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Pay after work is completed.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best lawn fertilizer service in your area.
What questions to ask lawn fertilizer services?
When hiring a landscaper, ask them the following questions:
- How long have you been in business?
- Can you provide testimonials and references from past customers?
- Are you licensed, insured, and bonded?
- What does your fertilization program include?
- Do you spray lawns or use granular products?
- Is the fertilizer you use safe for children and pets?
- How often do you recommend fertilizing my lawn?
- Do you recommend any other services for my yard?
- How much is your cost estimate?
- Do I need to be home for the service?
- Do you offer any guarantees?
- Can you provide me a written estimate or contract?
- What’s your payment schedule?
- What do I need to provide to get started?