Ashburn, VA 20+ Interior Painters near you
Let us know about your needs so we can bring you the right pros.
Receive quotes from multiple pros that meet your exact needs.
Compare quotes, message or call pros, and hire only when ready.
Best Interior Painters near you
How Much Does Professional Painting Cost?
Frequently asked questions
How much does it cost to paint a house interior?
The cost to paint the interior of a house is $1 to $3 per square foot of floor space or $1,300 to $6,300 for an average-size home. The average cost to paint a room is $300 to $1,000, depending on the size and complexity. Prices increase when including the ceilings, baseboards, and trim.
|Interior Door||$50 – $200|
|10×12 Room||$300 – $800|
|10×12 Room Ceiling||$150 – $300|
|14×16 Master Bedroom||$700 – $1,300|
|Bathroom||$200 – $600|
|Kitchen||$200 – $600|
|Living Room||$400 – $1,200|
|1,500 SF House Walls||$1,300 – $4,400|
|2,000 SF House Walls||$1,600 – $5,600|
|2,500 SF House Walls||$1,800 – $6,300|
|Whole House Interior||$2,900 – $8,800|
Does interior painting add value to a house?
Interior painting is a cost-effective way to add value and boost home appeal. Interior painting has a 107% return on investment (ROI), while exterior painting has a 55% return on investment on average.
How often should you paint your walls or house interior?
Interior walls need painting every three to seven years on average, depending on the room type, traffic and condition, and previous paint job. Ceilings need painting every 7 to 10 years, and baseboards and trim need repainting every 2 to 4 years.
Signs interior walls need painting:
- Paint is peeling, flaking, bubbling, cracking, faded, or chalky
- There are stains and mold on the walls
- The walls are damaged
- The last paint job was longer than 7 years ago
- You're tired of the current color
- You're selling the home and want to increase the appeal
How long does it take to paint a room?
Painting a room takes two to six hours on average. The time it takes to paint a room depends on the prep work, primer requirements, room size, if ceilings need painting, number of coats, and clean up.
How long does it take to paint a house interior?
Painting an entire house interior takes two to six days on average. The time it takes to paint a house interior depends on the home size, painting team size, prep work, number of coats, and clean up.
Do you tip interior painters?
Interior house painters do not expect a tip. However, if they go above and beyond or spend more time than expected, a cold drink, hot lunch, or $10 to $20 tip is appreciated. Giving the painter a positive review on HomeGuide, Yelp, or Google is better than a tip.
How to find local interior painters?
Start by searching our list of professional interior painters, then compare reviews and costs. Next:
- Get at least three free estimates in-person to compare.
- Ask for recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors.
- Select companies that are licensed, bonded, and experienced.
- Verify their insurance, worker’s compensation, and bond guarantees.
- Read reviews and check out their previous work on HomeGuide, Google, and the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Ask if they are part of their local chamber of commerce or any trade associations such as the Painting Contractors Association (PCA).
- Ask about their warranties and guarantees.
- Get a detailed estimate, contract, and warranty in writing before the work begins.
- Avoid making large payments upfront. Come up with a payment schedule for work completed.
After asking questions and verifying their credentials, hire the best interior painters in your area.
What questions to ask interior house painters?
When hiring an interior painter, ask them the following questions: