Nalini Tandon - Decorating Den
Are you tired of running around town looking for just the right things for your home? Or do you simply have no idea where to begin? I can help. I provide free in-home design consultations and create designs to suit your style and budget. I can provide everything from custom draperies, furniture, wall covering, lighting, bedding, rugs/carpet, accessories and more.
I love working with client and making their home or workspace become a reflection of them. There is no greater joy then seeing a design come to life and a client who is truly thrilled with the outcome.
9 years in business
Serves Sterling, VA
Photos and videos
No reviews (yet)
Ask this pro for references. There's no obligation to hire and we’re here to help your booking go smoothly.
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
- Complimentary initial consultation designed to gather information about the scope of the project, your likes/dislikes, your lifestyle needs and take measurements etc.
- Following the consultation I prepare a project estimate that shows you a high and low range for the project. This estimate includes the cost of most elements of the projects (i.e. furnishings, decor, lighting,etc.)
- Once we determine the desired "budget" I create the design plans for each space accordingly. Typically I provide 2-3 design options for each space an use pictures, fabric samples, rug samples etc. to support our design discussions. Design plans are generally refined over 2-3 meetings until we achieve the desired finished look.
- Once finalized, I manage everything from there. I place all the orders, coordinate warehouse delivery, delivery and placement in your home etc.
- My design fees are included in the total scope of the project. So there is no hourly consultation fee. As an example if we determine that the scope of the project and desired investment is $5000, then my fee is rolled into that total investment goal. I have direct relationships with all sorts of manufacturers that allow me to offer my clients my services without charging on top of the actual item costs. (I hope this make sense).
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
Do you have a standard pricing system for your services? If so, please share the details here.
No, I worl woth you to establish the most appopriate budget.
What types of customers have you worked with?
All types...High end to budget concsious, modern to traditional.