"If we can train YOU, we can train your dog." :) We're half joking, but we're 100% serious. If you don't change your behavior, how do you expect your dog's behavior to change?
Although we specialize in aggression, we can help you with addressing all kinds of undesirable behaviors. We can train in the privacy and convenience of your own home (see our service area). We also conduct group classes at two venues in Plano.
Contact us today. We can help you train your dog!
I’ve been training dogs and other animals all my life, so I guess it’s in my blood. I've been training professionally since 2004. We use only kind, positive methods for training you and your dog, so you AND your dog will love us! You and your dog will smile at the results. That puts a smile on our face, too!
JERRY PATILLO - TRAINER Jerry has worked as a trainer with several of my dogs for the past 10 years. . Angel, Frannye, Sunny and Poppy - all poodle mix girls. The most important thing I have learned from Jerry is that it’s most important for me to be trained and then the pups will follow along because I will know what to do. His methods are always kind - my dogs all love him. Further, they make sense - use high quality treats to bring out the best behavior. When I got my most recent girl - Poppy - I had to look to find Jerry because he was not where we had previously been in training. I could have gone with any trainer but I really wanted to have Jerry again because I continued to feel he was the best trainer for our family. I hope he is still training when I get my next little girl. Ann Nash Richardson Tx
I had the pleasure of working with Jerry Patillo. I believe you would be hard pressed to find a trainer with a more positive attitude towards their four-footed clients and a higher level of sensitivity in dealing with those with only two feet. He truly loves his work and it shows. Jerry’s patience is amazing and I have seen dogs who were known to be ‘anti-men’ in his lap within minutes of his meeting them. Spend only one minute watching him work with his dogs Rojita and Lady, and the effectiveness of his gentle training methods will be obvious. He is always striving to learn and become certified at the newest level to give his clients the best there is to offer. With Jerry as your trainer, you can always feel confident that you are working with a dedicated individual with your and your animal’s best interests at heart.
“Jerry has been training at our store [Pet Supplies “Plus,” Plano, Texas] for several years now. I have not heard one complaint about him or his program in the time I’ve been here. I’ve seen him conducting classes many times. He uses kind, positive training methods, and he knows what he’s doing. The canine students and human students both have a good time learning new things. I highly recommend Jerry as your trainer — and your dog’s trainer!”
· For our group classes, we require - no exceptions - that all dogs be up to date on their vaccinations. We highly recommend that puppies 10 weeks and older attend our group classes, too, because this is a critical, formative time of their life. We require - no exceptions - that all puppies be up to date on all the vaccinations appropriate for their age. Your veterinarian will have a vaccination schedule for puppies.
· We have a set curriculum for our group classes. E.g., in week 1, we work on Intro to the Clicker, Attention (the dog's name or Watch Me), and Sit. The use of the clicker is highly recommended, but not required for training your dog. In week 2, we present Down vs Off and Loose-Leash Walking. The fee for group classes includes two optional seminars (one on potty-training and one on bad behaviors).
· Aggressive dogs are NOT allowed in our group classes at any time. Although we specialize in aggression, our group classes are not the venue for addressing aggression. We're interested in everyone's safety at all times.
· For our training sessions in your home, we require that all dogs be up to date on their rabies vaccinations, as a minimum - no exceptions. Regarding vaccinations for puppies, we recommend you follow the advice of your veterinarian.
· For our in-home training sessions, we do not have a set curriculum. We require you to fill in a questionnaire before we schedule our first session. It's a little lengthy, but every information you give us will help us customize a training regimen that's just right for you and your dog(s). It will help us know what's important to you, what are your needs, wants, and wishes.
· If we work on an aggression case in your home, we will do everything we can to ensure everyone's safety, but we CANNOT guarantee it!
o Older folks (over 30!)
o Adult dogs
o Older dogs
o Tripod (three-legged) dogs
o Dog-dog and dog-human aggression
o Other behavior challenges