Team Dureza Dog Training
Here at Team Dureza, I take pride in the overall picture of the dogs well being, obedience, happiness and health. We focus on pet dog training and helping the owner clearly understand their dog and how to communicate efficiently with them. We offer training in your home, at our training field, or in my home.
Services we offer are:
1. On/Off Leash Obedience under distractions. Teaching the dog to sit, down, stay, place, heeling, leash manners without pulling or lunging, and enviromental and social behavior in public settings.
2. Dog or People aggression cases, resource guarding or possession cases.
3. Crate training, puppy imprinting, and puppy classes for the 8 week to 24 week old group.
4. IGP formerly known as Schutzhund which includes all 3 phases of the sport. Tracking, Obedience and Protection
5. Personal Protection training.
6. and train programs from 2-8 weeks depending on desired work
I love being able to help owners in desperate need of help, communicate so effectively with their dogs that they now thoroughly enjoy the presence of them and want to include them in their families daily life without fear of misbehavior.
Photos and videos
No reviews (yet)
Frequently asked questions
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
I do an over the phone questionnaire with them to figure out where the root issues are, what needs to be addressed first with the dog, what are the things the dog does really well, and also what kind of program the owner is wanting. From there I like to do an in home visit to see the dog in their home and if not possible, have the owners bring the dog to my training field or home for assessment and schedule a program that fits both the dog and the owners needs most accurately.
What education and/or training do you have that relates to your work?
I have been successfully titled 3 dogs in IGP (formerly Schutzhund), with a very good rating in Obedience and a excellent ratings in protection every time. I qualified in 2020 for the National Championship and will also be showing at 2021 GSDCA national championship.
Do you have a standard pricing system for your services? If so, please share the details here.
- 1 on 1 private session 75$
- 10 pack of sessions 600$
- e collar course 200$ (3 days)
- puppy classes 8-24 weeks, 300$ for 6 weeks
- board and train programs 2-8 weeks 50$ per day
Aggresion or Severe Behavior Modification
- 1 on 1 private session, 125$
- 10 pack bulk sessions 1000$
- board and train 75$ per day
- in home visits 100$
What types of customers have you worked with?
I've worked with many pet people who just desire basic obedience and good manners for their pets to folks who plan to compete in high level sport with their pets and need very advanced obedience, protection and tracking.
What advice would you give a customer looking to hire a pro in your area of expertise?
Take a look at their dog. If it is something you'd desire for your animals, then mimic what they have done. Trust their process and put in the work because your dog deserves it. And the dog is only as intelligent as the owner has taught them to be. ;)